At Parable We Value
This includes our church partners as well as our teammates. We all thrive when we tackle problems together, look for win-win solutions, and delight our partners and team
Our job is to educate and inform others so the information passes along, and they, in their own right, can shine!
We work hard so that we can take great care of our communities and employees. We earmark 10% of our previous year’s income for internal and external giving. This takes the shape of benefits, our annual retreat, and special surprises throughout the year. We also support healthy pastors and their families through retreats and counseling. It also takes the shape of our openness and sharing so everyone is generously informed about our business and what we do.
Healthy Life Rhythms.
We all have lives outside of work. Parable was born out of the passion of a stay-at-home mom, so true flexibility to meet all the demands of life is something we live by and pride ourselves on!
We trust in adult behavior. We all work virtually with no micromanagement. Without trust, none of this would work. We trust you to do right by our company, by our church partners and by our teammates.
Virtual, but Together.
We have teammates and clients all across the country. We have clients all across the country. It is up to each and every one of us to manage ourselves and our own time, but at the same time be willing and able to jump in as a team. We look to meet face to face via technology as a first option, then a phone call, and finally text. The more we can remember to communicate face to face and remember we’re all human and doing our best, the more our other values will be supported.
With that in mind take a look at the job description below and if is sounds like a good fit consider appliying
Account Advisor II (Bookkeeper) Job Description
** This is an ongoing position and we are always interviewing candidates for future positions. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know the anticipated start date for which we are currently hiring. It could be this quarter or future quarters.**
Position/Job Title: Account Advisor
Reports to: Team Coach
Salary Range: $55,000 – $80,000/year
Employment Status: Full Time
Benefits: 3% SIMPLE IRA match after $5000 earned, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, $25,000 life insurance policy, dental, health and vision insurance, and unlimited PTO. Some benefits only available after first 90 days.
Job Summary: As an Account Advisor II at Parable, you will be the primary representative to our clients, embodying the face of the company. Your responsibilities include overseeing a client’s core
bookkeeping and payroll functions, fostering a strong client relationship, and connecting bookkeeping to strategy, providing actionable insights for our clients to thrive.
Skills Needed to Win:
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field experience.
● Experience with cloud-based accounting systems and processes.
● QBO Certification.
● Ability to audit/inspect financial statements for accuracy.
● Tailor Parable’s systems to meet the client’s needs with a solution mindset.
● Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Google Suites or MS Office Suites.
● Excellent presentation, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
● Maintain the highest confidentiality of Stakeholder and Church/donor information.
● Ability to work independently and collaborate with a virtual team.
● Resiliency/persistence, commitment to achieving goals.
● Proactive and motivated work ethic.
● Forward-thinking with high ethical standards and a growth mindset.
● Excellent organization, planning, analytical, communications, and decision-making skills.
● Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and manage multiple clients
● Empathetic with effective listening skills.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
● Demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of the client’s accounting system, chart of
accounts, assets, and liabilities.
● Take ownership of all financial management aspects, including monthly compiled
financial statements, accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, general ledger,
bank reconciliations, and tax payments.
● Effectively maintain a client’s books, providing reports for them to understand their
financial position and make responsible decisions.
● Utilize consistent and proven processes across multiple same-type clients.
● Apply creative strengths to adapt processes that best serve diverse and growing clients.
● Create and maintain partnerships to support clients in living into their mission.