At Parable We Value
This includes our church partners as well as our teammates. We all thrive when we tackle problems together, look for win-win solutions, and delight our partners and team
Our job is to educate and inform others so the information passes along, and they, in their own right, can shine!
We work hard so that we can take great care of our communities and employees. We earmark 10% of our previous year’s income for internal and external giving. This takes the shape of benefits, our annual retreat, and special surprises throughout the year. We also support healthy pastors and their families through retreats and counseling. It also takes the shape of our openness and sharing so everyone is generously informed about our business and what we do.
Healthy Life Rhythms.
We all have lives outside of work. Parable was born out of the passion of a stay-at-home mom, so true flexibility to meet all the demands of life is something we live by and pride ourselves on!
We trust in adult behavior. We all work virtually with no micromanagement. Without trust, none of this would work. We trust you to do right by our company, by our church partners and by our teammates.
Virtual, but Together.
We have teammates and clients all across the country. We have clients all across the country. It is up to each and every one of us to manage ourselves and our own time, but at the same time be willing and able to jump in as a team. We look to meet face to face via technology as a first option, then a phone call, and finally text. The more we can remember to communicate face to face and remember we’re all human and doing our best, the more our other values will be supported.
With that in mind take a look at the job description below and if is sounds like a good fit consider appliying
Intern Job Description
Position/Job Title: Intern
Salary Range: $12-19/hour
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-exempt
Employment Status: Part Time – 10-20 hours per week
Vision of the Seat: The Parable Intern will apply knowledge from college coursework to assigned tasks while learning all facets of a virtual accounting firm that holds strong to its values in all business conducted.
Wins are Reached by:
- Positive attitude and willingness to dive in and learn from each project assigned with aim to serve first.
- Open communication and willingness to learn Parable’s processes and deliverables, and actively participate in meeting those demands in a virtual but together environment.
- Strive to learn Parable’s business and engage in work to further their knowledge while supporting business initiatives like accounting work and culture development support.
Skills Needed to Win:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university or college with a GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Desire to learn about the accounting industry, specifically as it relates to church organizations
- Ability to prioritize projects
- Ability to organize large amounts of documents according to established procedure
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work proficiently at a computer for an extended period of time
- Ability to work independently and with others in a team setting from a virtual workspace
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assisting with clerical duties
- Learning functions of departments within an accounting firm
- Shadowing regular employees in meetings and in daily duties
- Assisting with various administrative duties
- Special projects to support the business efficiency
- Performing other duties as assigned