At Parable We Value
This includes our church partners as well as our teammates. We all thrive when we tackle problems together, look for win-win solutions, and delight our partners and team
Our job is to educate and inform others so the information passes along, and they, in their own right, can shine!
We work hard so that we can take great care of our communities and employees. We earmark 10% of our previous year’s income for internal and external giving. This takes the shape of benefits, our annual retreat, and special surprises throughout the year. We also support healthy pastors and their families through retreats and counseling. It also takes the shape of our openness and sharing so everyone is generously informed about our business and what we do.
Healthy Life Rhythms.
We all have lives outside of work. Parable was born out of the passion of a stay-at-home mom, so true flexibility to meet all the demands of life is something we live by and pride ourselves on!
We trust in adult behavior. We all work virtually with no micromanagement. Without trust, none of this would work. We trust you to do right by our company, by our church partners and by our teammates.
Virtual, but Together.
We have teammates and clients all across the country. We have clients all across the country. It is up to each and every one of us to manage ourselves and our own time, but at the same time be willing and able to jump in as a team. We look to meet face to face via technology as a first option, then a phone call, and finally text. The more we can remember to communicate face to face and remember we’re all human and doing our best, the more our other values will be supported.
With that in mind take a look at the job description below and if is sounds like a good fit consider appliying
Account Advisor I (Bookkeeper) Job Description
** This is an ongoing position that we are always interviewing candidates for future positions. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know the anticipated start date for which we are currently hiring. It could be this quarter or future quarters.**
Position/Job Title: Account Advisor I
Reports to: Team Coach
Salary Range: $35,000 – $60,000/year
Employment Status: Full Time
Benefits: 3% SIMPLE IRA match after $5000 earned, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, $25,000 life insurance policy, dental, health and vision insurance, and unlimited PTO. Some benefits only available after first 90 days.
Job Summary: As an Account Advisor I at Parable, you will play a key role in supporting our partners’ financial
functions by focusing on data entry for systems for Billpay, Payroll, Credit Card Reconciliation,
Bank Reconciliation, and more. This position is ideal for someone who is eager to learn, highly
organized, and is passionate about establishing a foundation in the field of accounting.
Skills Needed to Win:
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field experience.
● Strong attention to detail and commitment to accurate data entry.
● Basic understanding of accounting principles and financial processes.
● Proficiency in using computer software, including Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
● Excellent organizational and time management skills.
● Eagerness to learn and grow within an accounting role.
● Effective communication skills and ability to collaborate in a team environment.
● Proactive attitude and willingness to take on new challenges.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
● Accurate and timely data entry for various financial systems (QBO, BILL, etc).
● Assist in maintaining organized and up-to-date records for financial transactions.
● Work independently on your assigned clients, ensuring data integrity and resolving any
● Manage routine financial procedures for your assigned clients, contributing to the overall
efficiency of financial operations.
● Learn and apply accounting principles to daily tasks under the guidance of experienced
● Provide administrative support to the team as needed.