At Parable We Value
This includes our church partners as well as our teammates. We all thrive when we tackle problems together, look for win-win solutions, and delight our partners and team
Our job is to educate and inform others so the information passes along, and they, in their own right, can shine!
We work hard so that we can take great care of our communities and employees. We earmark 10% of our previous year’s income for internal and external giving. This takes the shape of benefits, our annual retreat, and special surprises throughout the year. We also support healthy pastors and their families through retreats and counseling. It also takes the shape of our openness and sharing so everyone is generously informed about our business and what we do.
Healthy Life Rhythms.
We all have lives outside of work. Parable was born out of the passion of a stay-at-home mom, so true flexibility to meet all the demands of life is something we live by and pride ourselves on!
We trust in adult behavior. We all work virtually with no micromanagement. Without trust, none of this would work. We trust you to do right by our company, by our church partners and by our teammates.
Virtual, but Together.
We have teammates and clients all across the country. We have clients all across the country. It is up to each and every one of us to manage ourselves and our own time, but at the same time be willing and able to jump in as a team. We look to meet face to face via technology as a first option, then a phone call, and finally text. The more we can remember to communicate face to face and remember we’re all human and doing our best, the more our other values will be supported.
With that in mind take a look at the job description below and if is sounds like a good fit consider appliying
Coach Job Description
Position/Job Title: Coach
Reports to: Mission Control Lead
Salary Range: $55,000 – $90,000/year
Employment Status: Full Time
Benefits: 3% SIMPLE IRA match after $5000 earned, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, $25,000 life insurance policy, vision insurance, dental insurance, unlimited PTO and health insurance. Some benefits are only available after the first 90 days.
Job Summary: The Coach will be responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day operations of one of our bookkeeping/accounting teams. This role requires a strong understanding of financial principles, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with various stakeholders.
Leadership and Team Management:
● Provide strong leadership, guidance, and direction to the bookkeeping/accounting team, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
● Oversee the recruitment, training, and development of bookkeeping/accounting staff, ensuring the team has the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their roles effectively.
● Set performance goals, conduct regular evaluations, and provide constructive feedback to team members to promote professional growth and enhance individual and team performance.
● Develop relationships with partners around Journey Document updates, service needs or concerns, opportunities for streamlining and simplification, and issues outside Account Advisor scope.
Financial Operations Management:
● Supervise and manage day-to-day bookkeeping/accounting activities, including financial record keeping, accounts payable/receivable, and payroll processing.
● Ensure compliance with accounting standards, regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
● Monitor financial transactions and ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of financial records.
● Collaborate with other teams to streamline financial processes and improve overall efficiency.
Risk Management and Compliance:
● Identify potential financial risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.
● Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and accounting standards.
● Implement and monitor internal controls.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
● Proven experience (5-7 years) in bookkeeping/accounting roles, with at least 2 years of leadership or supervisory experience.
● Strong knowledge of bookkeeping principles, financial reporting, and financial analysis.
● Proficiency in using accounting software and advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
● Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
● Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
● High level of integrity, professionalism, and ethical conduct.