Avoid These Mistakes To Strengthen Your Church’s Financial Health
Your church’s budget may be hindering your mission.
If you believe God’s called your church to make a meaningful Kingdom impact this year—whether it’s a radically new direction or staying on a course you’ve already set—your teams are probably aligning with you, helping to figure out how to accomplish it.
But here’s the kicker: Your church’s budget should align with your vision too.
Unfortunately, sometimes leaders see the budgeting process as (a) unnecessary or (b) counter-productive to their vision. Poor experiences in the past have reinforced this bias for a lot of church leaders (including some of us now working for Parable!).
So yes, church budgets can be problematic. But they don’t have to be. Look out for these eight mistakes so your budget will set your church up to accomplish your vision this year. Need help with your budget? Parable can help!
What are the top 8 church budgeting mistakes?
- Not having a budget (or acting like you don’t.)
- Not aligning your budget with your vision.
- Not involving your ministry leaders.
- Not being realistic with your budget.
- Being too complex or too general (lacking balance).
- You’re being too rigid … or too lenient.
- Not having a wish list.
- Not praying through the budgeting process.
Want to learn more? Watch our free webinar “Be a Budget Hero” and hear tips on how to avoid these mistakes!